Matthew Whitney was born in Tralee in Co. Kerry. He went to school in Cork and later lived in St. Laurence Cheshire Homes for 15 years. In 2014 he began his journey of moving out of residential care into his own home.
Matthew is at pains to say how much he has been cared for at Cheshire. But he is also embracing an opportunity to “move on”.
Matthew generously shares his views on “all sorts of things”, everything from the Cold War, to Vintage cars and films, to cooking and God.
On this page you will find:
- A Short Film where Matthew talks about his life and times – click here to go to film
- A timeline which documents Matthews move out of Cheshire (this is still work in progress) – click here for timeline
- Matthew talking on “The Global Hub” Radio show at Community Radio Youghal – click here for radio show
- A Gallery of Matthew’s Art Work called “Matthew Matters” – click here to go to Art Gallery
- A photo collage of “Things that Matter” to Matthew called “Its a Matthew Matter” – click here for photo collage
Part 1: Matthew’s Film
Short Film: The World According to Matthew Whitney
Part 2: Matthew’s Timeline
Timeline: Matthew Whitney
Part 3: Matthew’s Radio Broadcast 2016
“The Global Hub” Radio show at Community Radio Youghal
Part 4: Matthew’s Art Gallery
A Gallery of Matthew’s Art Work called “Matthew Matters”
Part 5: Matthew’s Photo Collage
A photo collage of “Things that Matter” to Matthew called “Its a Matthew Matter”